University taster courses
University of London Taster Courses are short courses at participating universities in and around London.
They are designed for school students, usually in year 12, to get an insight into studying a particular subject or subject area at university.
In this section
What are taster courses?
Taster courses are one day or half day courses (some run slightly longer). They give you the opportunity to try out a variety of subjects.
This can benefit you in various ways:
- Career planning: develop your career thinking and explore different options. Many job roles don’t require specific degree subjects and you’ll be able to explore how university can enhance your skills.
- Subject: try out an area of study, including new ones that you haven’t had the chance to study at school.
- University study: sample university study, without commitment and free of charge.
- Access to lecturers: hear from and be able to speak to subject experts.
- London life: learn about life as a student in the capital.
- Teaching: experience the different teaching methods used by university academics.
- Extras: gain an insight into the additional facilities available, whilst meeting other students from across the UK.
For more information, including on the advantages of taking a Taster Course, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
University of London Taster Courses
- 100 + : taster courses to try
- 13 : participating universities
- £0 : cost of attending a taster course
What you can study
Courses range from voice and drama, to medicine and nursing, to computing and business and many more.
2022-23 courses include many that you will not have had a chance to study before, such as Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Veterinary Nursing, or East European Languages. View the available taster courses.